September 08, 2005
Results of 2005 CAS Election Are In
Balloting for the 2005 CAS election closed on September 1, 2005 and the CAS Tellers have now verified the election results.
Thomas G. Myers has been elected President-Elect.
Irene K. Bass, Glenn Meyers, Donald F. Mango and Roosevelt C. Mosley, Jr. have been elected to the Board of Directors.
The following members were elected or re-elected by the Board to serve as Vice Presidents:
* Deborah M. Rosenberg, Vice President-Administration
* James K. Christie, Vice President-Admissions
* Amy S. Bouska, Vice President-International
* Joanne Spalla, Vice President-Marketing and Communications
* Beth E. Fitzgerald, Vice President-Professional Education
* Roger M. Hayne, Vice President-Research & Development
* John J. Kollar, Vice President-Risk Integration
These Fellows will assume their positions at the close of the 2005 Annual Meeting in Baltimore.
A total of 1,116 Fellows voted in this year's election, or 40% of the Fellows. This compares to 44% of the Fellows voting in the 2004 election, and 51% of the Fellows voting in the 2003 election.
According to the election procedures approved by the Board, all vote counts are released to the membership. These follow:
Thomas G. Myers - 959
Irene K. Bass - 694
Glenn Meyers - 654
Donald F. Mango - 618
Roosevelt C. Mosley, Jr. - 467
Brian Z. Brown - 461
Arlie J. Proctor - 336
Kenneth Quintilian - 330
Clive L. Keatinge - 296
Congratulations to the new President-Elect and Board members, and to our new and continuing Vice Presidents! On behalf of the CAS, I want to thank all the candidates in the 2005 election for their willingness to run and, if elected, to serve.
Stephen P. D'Arcy
President, Casualty Actuarial Society
Posted by Tom Troceen